Friday, October 18, 2013

Upgrading To SCOM 2012 R2 RTM? Don’t Forget To Set The License

Yesterday while I was upgrading one of my test environments from SCOM 2012 SP1 to SCOM 2012 R2 RTM it was running late. I thought I had covered it all, but thanks to FB and a good friend with a keen eye I was pointed to an omission.

While upgrading I took a picture of the new splash screen of SCOM 2012 R2 RTM and posted it on FB:
image

But mind the yellow highlighted text, stating Retail. As one of my FB friends noticed: this product isn’t licensed yet, so please run the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet in PowerShell.

And indeed, afterwards SCOM 2012 R2 RTM is properly licensed:
image

So thanks to this much respected FB friend I was able to resolve this issue quickly. Awesome! Thanks buddy!

And even though the same KB article about setting the SCOM license tells you to reboot the server, this isn’t necessary. Simply restart the Data Access service on all SCOM Management Servers and you’ll be fine.

No comments: