Friday, August 7, 2009

Upgrading Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 RTM

Yes, I know. This isn’t a blog about Windows 7 but about OpsMgr. But still I will post this non-OpsMgr article since I strongly believe many people will find themselves in the same situation as I did.

Back home I had Windows 7 RC (build 7100) installed. From TechNet Plus Subscriptions I downloaded Windows 7 RTM and started the upgrade but got a screen telling me that an upgrade wasn’t possible. Only a clean install…

So I googled and found this website telling me what to do: http://www.ehow.com/how_5214341_upgrade-windows-build-windows-build.html.

Indeed, it worked like a charm. Now my home pc is upgraded I will upgrade my work laptop as well which is also Windows 7 RC based.

All credits go to the website eHow.

No comments: