Monday, August 31, 2009

‘To Agentless Monitor, or not. That is the question’

I hope Shakespeare will forgive me for (ab)using one of his most famous phrases out of Hamlet. However, above mentioned question comes and goes like a wave. Many weeks not a single question about this topic is raised and then, out of the blue, I do get multiple questions about it.

I will not go into the details since Cameron Fuller and Kerry Meyler have already done so and very well I must add. However, there is one (small) topic which needs clarification since people tend to think like this:

Agentless Monitoring = Licenseless Monitoring 

But that is not the case since every monitored system needs a license. Whether an Agent is installed or not. Want to know more about licensing? Check out this previous posting of mine.

No comments: